PRIVACY STATEMENT AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING PROCESS
Job Application, CV AND ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED DURING INTERVIEW PROCESS
The information you provide to us will be kept confidentially within M&H Plastics.
Any personal data submitted on line will be protected through organisational, operational and technological security controls, together with any additional information received by M&H Plastics during the recruitment process. Only authorised personnel will have access to your details to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities within M&H Plastics.
INFORMATION ON ETHNICITY, GENDER AND AGE
M&H Plastics is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish.
Our policy is to treat applicants equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or marital status. Therefore, as part of the application process, you will be required to enter this information on our equality and diversity form. This information will be used to monitor the effectiveness of our equal opportunities policies. This information will be used solely for monitoring and reporting purposes and will in no way affect selection.
Pre-employment screening – WHEN JOB OFFER HAS BEEN MADE
If your application is successful and you are offered a job with M&H Plastics, the offer will be conditional on pre-employment checks being carried out to the Company’s satisfaction. This will involve checking that the details you have supplied in your application form are accurate and complete as follows;
- Checking references. A minimum of two employment references are required (or tutor / supervisor references if applicable), which are satisfactory to the Company. These must cover as a minimum period the last two years. M&H Plastics will contact your referees, but references will not be sought from your present employer unless you signify your consent.
- Whether you have, at any time, been dismissed by M&H Plastics for gross misconduct, or whether you resigned from M&H Plastics prior to the conclusion of an investigation into potential gross misconduct. M&H Plastics will not employ anyone whose employment was terminated in these circumstances.
- Eligibility to work in the UK – for further details www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
- From 1st October 2010, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment health questionnaire once offered a position. You may also be required to attend a medical examination/health assessment.
Where required for the role;
- Where driving is a requirement of the role (i.e. sales representatives), details of your driving licence and any endorsements.
Successful job applications
If your application for a role is successful, your job application including your CV; copies of documentation proving your entitlement to work in the United Kingdom; any worker registration document from the Home Office; and all references obtained will be held on your personal file.
Unsuccessful job applications
If you were unsuccessful in your application for this role, then M&H Plastics will retain your CV for a period of six months as part of our procedure, and your records will automatically be destroyed after this time has elapsed.